Advantages and Disadvantages EBay Business
So why are a lot of businesses geared towards drop shipping? Well it has several advantages more than disadvantages. To give you a better idea, here are the advantages of an eBay business sell items for other people:
1. When you are a drop shipper, you do not have to worry about having enough capital and space in purchasing and keeping stocks respectively. You will have your supplier or wholesaler worry about that for you. Your task is only limited to making listings online and answering customer queries if there is a need to.
2. You can give your customers a reasonable deal because it is based on the wholesaler’s price. And with a lower starting price, the items you post on line have a greater tendency of being bought.
3. It requires fewer efforts on your end. You do not have to worry about production, packing and actual shipping. You just have to contact your supplier and they can do that for you.
4. There is a greater earning potential. You can post as many items as you can from your supplier. When it gets sold, your profit will be the difference between the wholesaler’s price and the final bidding price.
Now what are the disadvantages? Here are some of them:
1. Shipping time may take longer. This is especially true if you happen to have a supplier who is not too keen on deadlines.
2. In the drop shipping business, there is such a thing called back – order. This happens when people keep on ordering something that is already sold out. While this is not a problem to some customers, there are also those who are not thrilled with the idea of it. So if you can prevent posting items that are on back order, then do so.
Now those advantages and disadvantages should be enough to let you evaluate if an eBay business sell items for other people is for you. And if after sizing those pros and cons, you decide on entering this trade, make sure that you get a supplier and wholesaler that are reliable because the success and/ or failure of your business rely entirely to them.