With video becoming the wave of the future when it comes to online advertising, it only makes sense that you fully familiarize yourself with the concepts and all the ins and outs. Start by using these video marketing tips. It will help you get started and even perfect your technique if you already have a little experience.
There are a few different ways you can do your online videos. You can actually record yourself with a video camera while you show how to do a certain task. This is very effective when it comes to illustrating activities that aren’t done on the computer such as training a dog, planting a seed, etc.
For those videos that are explaining how to do something online, you can use screen capture software that will actually record everything that is on your computer screen and turn it into a video. This method is best for many types of internet marketing tutorial videos.
Depending on which type of videos will work best for your niche and your online business, you may need different tools. This list will give you an overview of some of the most commonly used products that you can incorporate into your video marketing:
1. If you are going to be showing how to do a certain activity, offline, than you will need a good quality video camera. Now, don’t think that you have to have a thousand dollar camera. You can get great quality video from a camera that’s only a few hundred dollars. Just remember that if you’re going to be recording things outside or if you’re going to be recording yourself, you’ll probably also want a sturdy tripod to support your camera while you’re filming.
2. Screen capture software such as Camtasia. There are many varieties available online, some are even free. For the most part you won’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just good quality that will allow your viewers to follow along with what you’re doing online.
3. Make sure you have a good quality microphone. If they can’t hear or understand what you’re saying they will stop watching. Again, a good microphone doesn’t have to be expensive, just look around online and you can find just what you’re looking for. Make sure that you take your location into consideration when picking out your microphone. For example, if you’re going to be recording outside where there is a lot of traffic or other noises, you want a microphone that can handle that ambient noise and where you can still be heard.
4. Create a script for your video. As someone who spends a lot of time online I can tell you that I will stop watching any video that is poorly made. It doesn’t matter if it’s poor video or audio quality or just poorly outlined. My time is too valuable to sit through someone trying to stammer their way through a video. Know what you’re going to say, make and follow a script and if you mess up, try again. If you want them to keep watching your video, you better make sure that it’s worth watching.
5. When you submit your video to video directories make sure you optimize it using your niche related keywords. You’ll want to include 3-5 good targeted keywords in your title, your description and your tags. Also make sure to include the URL of your website so they can check out more about what you’re promoting.
These basic video marketing tips will help you get started and succeed with your online marketing efforts much more quickly than if you relied solely on the trial and error method.